Bend—Although the OLLI Book Group is currently on summer hiatus, plans are underway for fall and winter terms. The first selection is Passage of Power—the Years of Lyndon Johnson by Robert A. Caro. Member Tom O’Brien will facilitate the discussions at the September 4 and 18 sessions. This acclaimed biography, the fourth volume of Caro’s masterful study of LBJ, is a substantial 712 pages in length, so start your reading now!
The following titles will be read and discussed—not necessarily in the order listed. The reading/discussion schedule will be published in the August edition of The Oregon Sage.
- Monkey Girl: Evolution, Education, Religion, and the Battle for America’s Soul by Edward Humes
- In Search Of Happiness by Ashok Gulla
- Making Our Democracy Work: A Judge’s View by Stephen Breyer
- 1861: The Civil War Awakening by Adam Goodheart
- The Righteous Mind- Why Good People Are Divided by Politics and Religion by Jonathan Haidt